Monday, September 23, 2013

Food: Caramelized Onion & Pear Tart

With the change in season comes the change in taste buds.  Summertime calls for fresh fruits, raw crunchy vegetables and ice cold lemonade.  As the temperature drops here in New Westminster and the crisp air feels so much like autumn, my taste buds call for comfort, warmth and depth.

 
This caramelized onion & pear tart is all of those things combined.  It is extremely easy.  Both the filling and the crust call for no more than 6 ingredients and can be alternated depending on what is in season and available.
 
This is the recipe I used but with some of my own additions, such as adding fruit to the caramelized onions.  I have used fresh figs before, this time I used pear, both experiences were tremendous.  As for the cheese, once again I did not have Gruyere on hand, I used goat cheese the first time and cheddar cheese this time around.

Play around with ingredients, don't be afraid to experiment.  Art is an expression of one's personality and should be played with, as should food.
 
 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment